In order to be able to electrically set points even when they are on remote track lines, the HWE Solar point machine gets its drive energy directly from solar radiation. A solar panel mounted beside the installed point machine charges a battery in a controller. To set the point, the train driver merely operates the pushbutton on the controller. The point is then electrically set, the point end position can be visually displayed.
This rationalises rail operations and makes life easier for vehicle staff on branch lines of factory sidings and industrial railways. The point–setting system offers you flexible and efficient sequences and convenient and safe operations ... with a very low investment requirement and minimum follow-on costs.
Characteristic features of the Solar series
- Grid-independent, electrically-powered setting force for local use
- LED display for local indication of point position
- Straightforward, autarkic setting system
- High-performing solar panel
- Maintenance-free battery in the pushbutton control cabinet
- End-position holding with adjustable spring assembly
- Manual activation possible